Australian Government on the World Wide Web
The Australian Government has a strong presence on the Internet, from the Prime Ministers office to the Budget papers, to the various Government funded organisations around Australia. While they are all (mostly) accessible if you work you way through the Australian Government's Internet entry point, we've also created some direct links to some of the major Departments and Organisations, and to some of the more relevant ones (to rural Australians).
Links are arranged where possible under the following general headings:
GENERAL | COMMONWEALTH | STATE | LOCAL | BY REQUEST
- Australian Governments' Entry Point
- "Welcome to the Australian Governments' Entry Point & official gateway to Australian
- Hansard Internet Publishing Service
- "...direct link to the Senate and House of Reps daily Hansards (available the day after)"
- Archives of Australia
- "As a service to Web users this Home Page for archives in Australia is maintained by the Australian Archives, the official repository for Australian government records."
- OSIRIS Home Page
- Industrial Relations Information Site - fully searchable for Awards, Agreements, Decisions, Variations, Decision Summaries
- Commonwealth Government Entry Point
- Links to the Constitution, the Prime Minister, Parliamentary information, Commonwealth Departments and Australian Political Parties.
- Commonwealth Government Departments & Agencies
- Australian Commonwealth Departments listed alphabetically.
- Contacting the Commonwealth
- To help you locate postal, fax and E-mail contacts for Australian Government organisations.
- The Australian Trade Commission
- Australian Bureau of Statistics World Wide Web information service
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- The Australian Institute of Sport from the Australian Sports Commission
- Australian Electoral Commission
- "Our purpose is to conduct federal elections and referendums, to maintain the electoral rolls, to run industrial elections, and to provide electoral information, education programmes and related services. "
- Australian Commonwealth Ombudsman
- "The Australian Commonwealth Ombudsman investigates complaints about Commonwealth Government departments' and agencies' actions to see if they are unlawful, wrong, unjust or discriminatory."
- Australian Securities Commission
- "More than a corporate watchdog" - Company searches, company information etc...
- Australian Taxation Office information and related links.
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Department of Employment, Education, Training and Youth Affairs
- DEETYA - Australian Job Search
- Job Search from the Australian Department of Employment, Education, Training & Youth Affairs
- Department of Finance
- Includes "The Commonwealth Budget" - '94 to the present.
- Department of Workplace Relations and Small Business
- The Department of Workplace Relations and Small Business (formerly the Department of Industrial Relations)
- Department of Industry, Science and Tourism (DIST)
- Industry, Consumer Affairs, Science and Technology and Tourism
- The National Library of Australia World-Wide Web site
- Aged and Community Care
- Commonwealth Department of Health and Family Services
- Australian State and Territorial Governments
- "Australia has six states, and two mainland territories as well as island territories (Ashmore and Cartier Islands, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Coral Sea Islands, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Norfolk Island)."
- New South Wales State Government
- Entry point and links
- Government Agencies with Home Pages
- New South Wales Government Agencies on the Web
- Country Guide
- "A directory of New South Wales Government services for country people"
- Government of Victoria
- "...information concerning Government structure, departmental roles and current projects, and links to a wide range of information resources related to the State of Victoria."
- Victorian Government Departments
- Victorian State Government Departments and Agencies links page
- Department of Natural Resources and the Environment
- "The Department of Natural Resources & Environment, Victoria was formed by the integration of organisations from the Department of Conservation & Natural Resources, the Department of Agriculture, Energy & Minerals, Surveyor General, Land Titles Office, Valuer General and the Office of Geographic Data Co-ordination."
- Agriculture Victoria
- Guide to Agriculture Victoria resorces
- Australian Local Governments
- Australian Local Governments and Local Government Organisations entry point for all states
- NSW Local Government Directory
- Links to NSW Local Councils, County Councils, Regional Organisations of Councils, Local Government & Shires Associationsand the Department of Local Government
- Albury City Council
- Albury City Council information and contact details
- Victoria - Local Government
- Cities and Shires
- Victorian Councils Guide - Wodonga Rural City Council
- (This link may not be reliable long term, please advise us if it stops working)
While we will attempt to appropriately categorise any link requests we get, some won't fit ...
- ... and here's a good one. A request was received for a link to the "bill of rights australia". Well, we don't have one (an Australian Bill of Rights that is). Here's some information on the historical background and current situation:
- The Need for a New Preamble to the Australian Constitution and/or a Billl of Rights
- Department of the Parliamentary Library - Research Paper 12 1996-97
- And here is the closest thing we do have:
- Human Rights & Equal Opportunity Commission, Australia
- Human Rights, Rights of the Child, Rights of the Disabled, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander social justice, Race discrimination, Sex discrimination, Disability discrimination, Privacy etc. Links from the "Legislation" page to the text of legislation are to the Australian Legal Information Institute (AUSTLII)
Please send any comments or questions about this site to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to the top of the page or select from the options here: (PS Don't forget to click on the GO!).
Return to Albury Local Internet Home Page