Education on the World Wide Web
Once the embryonic Internet escaped the exclusive clutches of the US military back in the late 60's and 70's, it's first stop for a long while was the university network. Business, commerce and entertainment are relative newcommers.
Links are arranged where possible under the following general headings:
SCHOOLS | UNIVERSITIES & HIGHER EDUCATION | EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
- Local Schools on the Web
- Albury High School
- A comprehensive State High School of over 1100 students located in a large regional city on the Murray River, bordering Victoria and New South Wales, Australia.
- Bandiana Primary School
- "...situated just 5 km from the centre of Wodonga, Victoria AUSTRALIA. With an enrolment of about 200 students it offers a pleasant rural atmosphere..."
- Bogong Outdoor Education Centre
- "Bogong Outdoor Education Centre (BOEC)is a residential outdoor education centre, operated for secondary school students by the Department of Education in Victoria, Australia.
- Brocklesby Public School
- Located in Brocklesby, New South Wales, Australia
- Corryong Secondary College
- Corryong Secondary College - Location Corryong is located in North-East Victoria, on the upper reaches of the Murray River, and is approximately 125 km by road east of Albury/Wodonga."
- Kiewa Valley Primary School
- "Kiewa Valley Primary School is located in the township of TANGAMBALANGA, in north east Victoria, Australia."
- St John's School Jindera
- "St John's Primary School is a K-6 co-educational day school situated at Jindera, approximately 15 km from the twin city of Albury -Wodonga, along the Murray river on the Victorian and New South Wales border."
- The Scots School Albury
- "The Scots School Albury is a Uniting Church, Independent Co-educational Day and Boarding School."
- Wodonga Primary School
- "Welcome to the home page of Wodonga Primary School, situated in North Eastern Victoria, Australia."
- Xavier High School
- Xavier High School, Albury, NSW
- Other Schools on the Web
- K-12 Schools on the Internet
- Australian Schools On Internet
- International WWW Schools Registry
- List of K12 schools on the Net
- Regional University & Higher Education Campuses
- Charles Sturt University
- (Caution: as at September 97 your "back" button may not let you leave the CSU site. Use your "home" btton or select a previous site from your "go" or "history" list)
- La Trobe University, Albury Wodonga Campus
- Departments and Library information. Link to La Trobe main campus.
- Wodonga Institute of TAFE
- "Wodonga Institute of TAFE is a dynamaic and progressive Vocational Education and Training provider in Australia. Since its establishment ten years ago, the Institute has gained national reputation for the quality of its training.
The Institute is committed to providing education that will enhance it's students' employment skills and ensure students are equiped to meet the demands of today's world of work.
The Institute maintains excellent realtionships with higher education providers and works to ensure that our student career and study pathwaysare maximised."
- Other Universities and facilities in Australia
- The Australian National University
- Canberra, ACT, Australia
- Bond University
- "Australia's First Private Independent University"
- Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia.
- Deakin University
- About, courses, faculties, study in Australia: Information for overseas students
- Flinders University of South Australia
- "Flinders is a spacious modern campus nestled in the southern foothills of the Mt. Lofty Ranges overlooking the city of Adelaide.
- Griffith University
- Griffith University - Queensland
- James Cook University of North Queensland
- "James Cook University of North Queensland provides graduates, research and research training
tailored to the needs of one of Australia's fastest growing regions." Campuses in Townsville, Cairns and Mackay.
- Monash University
- "Monash is located in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria, Australia."
- Murdoch University CWIS
- Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
- The University of New England
- "Faculties, Distance Education, Campus Information, Research Services, International Students and Language Training Centre, Open Learning Australia, Research Centres and Institutes"
- Southern Cross University
- "Welcome to Southern Cross, a regional university with campuses at Lismore, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie and University Centres at Brisbane, Murwillumbah, Grafton, Gold Coast and Sydney."
- Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
- The Universtiy of Queensland
- "The University of Queensland was established by an Act of State Parliament on December 10, 1909"
- Queensland University of Technology
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- As Australia's largest multi-level university with over 40,000 students, RMIT offers the complete range of courses from TAFE certificate, diploma and advanced diploma through to bachelor degrees, masters by course work or research, and PhDs and professional doctorates.
- University of New South Wales
- The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Australian Web servers - Education
- A massive list of Australian Educational Sites on the Web from the Australian WWW Servers list maintained by the CSU
- Regional School Resources
- Wodonga District of the Goulburn North-Eastern Region
- Key Learning Area Network News from Education Victoria
- General School Resources
- Board of Studies NSW
- Extensive information for schools including syllabus development, SC and HSC results, K-6 information and an extensive list of schools on the net.
- HSC Computing Studies
- A highly rated, current and Australian educational resource for High School students and teachers.
- NSW HSC On-Line
- NSW HSC On-Line home page, a learning resource for HSC students - A Charles Sturt Universtiy initiative.
- Australian Educational Resources
- K-12 Education Resources (USA)
- The World-Wide Web Virtual Library
- "Education Virtual Library"
- Free Internet Encyclopedia
- Experimental Project
- "best professional K-12 Educational web site"
- NASA's Quest Project:
- NASA K-12 Internet Initiative
- NASA's Education Program
- NASA's education program and resources for educators.
- "The professional's guide to a world of information"
- Open Learning Australia
- "Open Learning Australia (OLA) provides Bridging, TAFE, University, and Professional and Continuing Education studies that come to your door. If you want to study from home, then ..."
- Open Net
- "We use the enormous potential of the Internet and the World Wide Web to bring to students and the general public the best of the available educational opportunities opened up by these technologies."
Please send any comments or questions about this site to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to the top of the page or select from the options here: (PS Don't forget to click on the GO!).
Return to Albury Local Internet Home Page