Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 setup
The following instructions are provided on
an "as is" basis. Albury Local Internet will not be held responsible for
the use or misuse of this information.
Provision of these instructions is not to be taken as encouragement to use
Outlook Express; Albury Local Internet strongly recommends the Eudora mail client.
To create a new or additional email account
- Start Outlook Express
- Click Tools on the top menu bar
- Click Accounts
- Click on the Mail tab
- Click 'Add'
- Click 'Mail'
- Enter your name, then click 'Next'
- Click 'I already have an email address', then enter your email address
in the space provided. Click 'Next'
- Your incoming mail server is a POP3 server.
Enter mail.albury.net.au for both Incoming and Outgoing mail
servers. Click 'Next'
- For Account Name, enter the first part of your email address up to
the @ sign - i.e. for email@example.com enter jsmith)
Enter your password
DO NOT click 'Enable SPA'. Click 'Next'
- Click Finish
To test your setup, practice sending yourself emails and replying to them!